Coronavirus Office Rightsizing
As we settle in to our new normal, businesses are seeing a sudden shift in office design and overall floor plans. Specifically, how to manage social distancing safety measures while keeping a company open for business.
In some industries, like retail, healthcare, and hospitality, this will be essential to their ability to reopen and serve their customers.
The professional office movers at Stevens Moving & Storage can help. We have moved hundreds of companies throughout Saginaw, Bay City, Midland, and all over the Great Lakes Bay Region. We are in tune with what the business community needs, including guidelines and safety measures.
During this pandemic, we have been keeping our team updated of the latest office design guideline. We are ready to help rearrange your office so you can quickly return to running your business and helping serve your community.
Office Movers Ready To Help
Although everyone is currently working from home, the country will open back up. State by state, places like restaurants, gyms, plants, hotels and even out patient healthcare centers will return to work.
Stevens Moving & Storage can help you prepare a new floor plan for your office space that will allow functional workflow and proper social distancing procedures.
We have studied government and public health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are poised to help devise a moving plan for you.
Following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer.
Their recommendations to employers include:
- Minimize the number of employees working within arm’s length of each other.
- Conference calls should be substitute for video or phone conferences to minimize the spread.
- For service or retail industries, always allow access for frequent hand washing. Wash your hands for 20 seconds. The CDC recommends humming or singing “Happy Birthday” twice, from beginning to end, to ensure you properly scrubbed your hands. Clean high-trafficked surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Consider letting employees work from home. Determine which don’t need to be there, and let them work remotely.
- Stagger employee shifts. If you generally have a large group of workers one each shift, stagger their start and end times. This will help keep your social distancing measures in place, but will also make the public feel safe and more likely to stick around.
- Consider a flexible sick leave policy so that employees can stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.
Changing with the times will be essential to the survival of the businesses. The quicker you adapt to this change, the better situation your company will be.
Federal, state, and local guidelines should be followed to ensure your business opens quicker than most.
If you’re a customer-facing business, you would do well to consider reorganizing your space. Take into consideration how the public feels and ensure your company follows your state, federal and local guidelines. This will help the public perceive you as a safe company, and will likely result in repeat customers who feel comfortable.
Hiring Office Movers For Rapid Redesign
Stevens Moving & Storage can accomplish a rapid redesign for your office, shop or commercial setting.
Since moving and storage companies are considered an essential business, we can still put our team to work for you, even as we work from home! That results in no downtime for employees or your company as you look to return to work.
We can space desks six feet apart, the recommended measurement for safe social distancing, install partitions or reorganize your office desks to allow for more personal distance.
We provide moving equipment, packing materials and peace of mind. We also offer complete packing and unpacking services. We’ll coordinate with every member of your team in order to ensure a effortless and stress-free move.
Office Real Estate And Reconfiguration
Without a doubt, the coronavirus has changed the business world. What will the future office look like?
No one can say for sure, but here is how many companies are responding to office design following COVID-19:
- Conducting video conferences remotely, even within the same building. Now that less people will be congregating in conference rooms, you may have extra office furniture to store. Stevens Moving & Storage can help. We can pick up and store your furniture in our warehouse storage facility in right here in Saginaw.
- With more employees working from home, companies may see the necessity and cost-cutting benefits to rightsizing and moving to a smaller office.
- Additionally, with more remote work, comes the need for more accessibility to office equipment. We have professional electronics movers and packers. Don’t use a productive day letting your internal team handle transporting fragile electronics. Let us help you minimize downtime and get your employees setup to work remotely as fast as possible. We’ll help transport all sorts of items from large computer towers and monitors, to speakers, keyboards and everything in between.
- Remote and virtual offices are starting to see an increase as large companies are considering leasing several smaller offices and worksites to reduce the number of people gathering at one site. We have experienced office movers that excel at coordinating large-scale, multilocation moves. Much like every other move, your office redesign and/or relocation is handled by extremely professional and properly trained movers and packers. We’ll ensure your equipment is well protected and handled carefully.
Get A Free Quote For Your Office Move
We can help you create a custom plan for your next redesign or relocation.
As your company navigates the future, contact the professional office movers at Stevens Moving & Storage for expert moves and friendly customer service.
For more information about our office moving services in Saginaw, Midland, Bay City, or anywhere else throughout the Great Lakes Bay area, call us today at (989) 755-1404, or fill out our free estimate form.