Best Local Movers in the Great Lakes Bay Area
Local moving in the Great Lakes Bay Area is popular for countless reasons. You could be moving into a bigger home for your growing family or downsizing because you have extra, unused rooms. No matter what your reasoning is, you must hire a moving company. When you need someone to move everything you own, including your favorite possessions, you need to hire the best local movers. Make sure you hire Stevens Moving & Storage of the Great Lakes Bay Area for all your local moving services.
Our company began in Saginaw, Michigan by Frederick H. Stevens Jr. in 1905. He used a single horse and dray to haul luggage from the train station. Since our humble beginnings, we have become a full-service, end-to-end relocation company with over 125 agents located across the United States and an entire division for international moves. We are one of the best-known household names in America’s moving industry.
To this day, we are still headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan. Though we no longer use horses, after over 110 years in the relocation industry, we are still helping residents in Saginaw, Midland, and Bay City move locally.
Our Great Lakes Bay Area Local Moving Services
Stevens Moving & Storage in the Great Lakes Bay Area is a full-service, end-to-end relocation provider offering a wide range of services. Our team can help meet your custom moving needs. Are you have trouble moving large, bulky item like a safe? If that is the case, you are going to need a mover that has the equipment and experience handling a special job like this. Besides handling large bulky items, we can help you with all your packing needs. If you are looking for packing services, we are the local mover for you. Here’s a shortlist of additional services that you may need for your local move:
- Bulky item moving
- Packing services
- Long-and-short term Warehouse Storage
- Apartment moves
- Senior moves
No matter what options you choose for your local move, we are fully committed to providing quality customer service at a competitive price. Our Great Lakes Bay Area local movers are highly experienced professionals who are enthusiastic about helping other people. When you hire Stevens Moving & Storage Great Lakes Bay Area your belongings will be handled with the level of care and attention you would provide yourself combined with the knowledge and expertise that comes from handling thousands of moves.
Local Moving Tips
Our decades of experience in the moving industry have taught us everything there is to know about moving. When you hire Stevens Moving & Storage of the Great Lakes Bay Area you will have access to all our secrets for completing a successful move efficiently with as little stress as possible. But we don’t keep all our tips for ourselves. Here is are a few tips and tricks for completing your local move:
- Find good movers: You may have done an internet search with a phrase like “local movers in my area”. If so, you are on the right track. Now you need to reduce your list to only include moving companies that can meet your custom needs. Some movers offer specialized services that require specific training and equipment. Figure out what your move requires and find a mover who can properly assist you.
- Choosing the best mover: Of those movers on your list, you need to choose the best. Look for the ones that have been in business for a long time and have a proven track record. You should hire a company with a lot of experience in providing consistently good service. Visit third party websites like the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List and read real customer reviews.
- Start packing early: When you decide you are going to move, get some moving boxes right away. Pack in stages and take it one room at a time. This is a great way to reduce the stress involved in moving and make sure that all your belongings are properly accounted for.
- Be organized: Make sure you keep track of what goes into every box you pack. You probably have several important items you use daily. When you arrive at your new home the last thing you need is to have them misplaced. It could take weeks to find, so you should pack every room individually with similar items.
- Transfer Utilities & Gather Records: Keep important documents handy. Do not throw them in a box. Put them in a folder and keep track of it during your move. Communicate with your local service provider to see what can be easily transferred before your move.
Get a Free Local Moving Quote
The professional movers at Stevens Moving & Storage of the Great Lakes Bay Area are key to making your next local move carefree, efficient and safe. When you are looking to move everything you own, you need to choose movers who have decades worth of experience, a good reputation, and a customer-first attitude.
Stevens Moving & Storage of the Great Lakes Bay Area are still the best local movers for Saginaw, Midland, and Bay City after being in business for over 110 years. We are a full-service moving company that offers a wide range of services. Our moving team is professionally trained and eager to help you with your next local move. When you are ready to begin your move in Michigan’s Great Lakes Bay Area, you should fill out our free moving quote or call today to learn more about our services at (844) 849-6567.