Since 1905, Stevens Moving & Storage has been helping hundreds of families and individuals find their new home in Saginaw, Michigan and all around the Great Lakes Bay Area.
We were founded by the great Frederick H. Stevens, Jr. who began our company by using a horse and dray to move customers’ luggage to and from the railroad station.
Over the years, we’ve been emboldened by Frederick Stevens’ dedication and hard work for his community back in 1905, and we want to commit the same type of service to the present-day community of Saginaw.
Moving to Saginaw, Michigan
Saginaw is located in the county seat of Saginaw County in east-central Michigan. It lies at the head of Saginaw Bay, about 100 miles northwest of Detroit. Originally a fur trading post 1816, ‘Saginaw’ is an old Ojibwa (Chippewa) Indian word meaning “land of Sauks.” Now, Saginaw has shifted to focus on agricultural and manufacturing industries.
Saginaw, Michigan is a diverse city, decorated with natural wonders like the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge and the Japanese Cultural Center.
Saginaw has plenty of fun activities for everyone to explore, from museums and zoos to iconic locales with historical relevance and modern-day flair!
Every spot from Riverfront Saginaw to Old Town Saginaw holds the heartbeat of this city.
Let this snippet of fun things to do in Saginaw act as your starting point:
Fun for the Kids
- Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum: This museum has over 16,000 square feet of gallery space. Each space is specifically curated to pique a child’s curiosity, and give them a creative and educational outlet.
Kids can learn all about Saginaw’s agricultural methods with spaces like Aunt Sugar’s Farm, where they can learn all about the farm-to-table process.
In the ‘Car Works’ space, children can dive into the world of automobiles and learn about the industrial world of car mechanics.
- Saginaw Children’s Zoo: With 10 acres of beautifully-landscaped paths to peruse, this zoo is home to over 70 different animal species from all over the world, and even from our very own backyard!
Any animal lover is sure to treasure this visit. Come meet the lovable llama, Tiger Lily, or take a walk toward Australia to get a peek at the Grey Kangaroo!
More animals and fun await you at the Saginaw Children’s Zoo!
- Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge: Enjoy a pleasant and peaceful evening in this truly wonderful and relaxing wildlife area. Take in majestic aviary sights like blue herons, eagles, an occasional pelican, giant egrets and more. They also have deer, snakes, turtles and other marsh-loving mammals, amphibians and reptiles.
Take your whole family and take a stroll, or bike, along beautiful trails. Don’t forget to snap some photos to document the perfect moments you encounter during your adventure.
- Japanese Cultural Center: Their mission is simple, “To promote intercultural understanding and peace through a bowl of tea.” The Japanese Cultural Center was opened in 1971 and designed by Mr. Yataro Suzue and Lori Barber. The cultural center is famous for its traditional Japanese architecture, as well as being one of the most authentic tea houses in North America. The tea house provides a ceremonial setting for the tea ceremony (Chanoyu), promoting the concept of global and international harmony, respect, purity, and tranquility, expressing “peace through a bowl of tea.”
- OMONI Boutique: This boutique was created as a safe space for women to have fun and express themselves through fashion. OMONI, the Korean word for mother, focuses on honoring the beauty and strength of all women, and to push the boundaries of fashion little by little.
- Antiques: Scour vintage goods, furniture, and hard-to-finds at places like the Antique Warehouse, Old Town Furniture, and Adomaitis Antiques.
Local Wineries and Breweries
- St. Julian Winery Tasting Room: Just a little southwest of Saginaw in Frankenmuth, MI lies the St. Julian Winery Tasting Room. St. Julian’s offers wines made exclusively from grapes grown in the Lake Michigan Shore Appellation. With a large array of award-winning and internationally recognized dry and sweet wines, St. Julian’s has everything in between and then some to quench all types of thirst. If you’re in the mood for something more, they also offer spirits and ciders.
- Old Town Distillery: A bar and a distillery right here in Saginaw! Enjoy hand-crafted cocktails with your choice vodka, rum, whiskey, or moonshine, all distilled right on-site. A great place to go for date night or stopping down for some good times. The drinks are great, the prices are fair, and the atmosphere is cozy, comfortable, and friendly.
Saginaw, MI Moving and Storage Services
At Stevens Moving & Storage, we hold ourselves to strict standards of high-quality and customer satisfaction. That’s why we’re in the business of ensuring you’re happy with all the services we provide from beginning to end. The only successful move is the one that makes our customer happy.
Is your family growing and you need a new house to keep up with the Joneses? Find yourself needing to escape your roommates in a new apartment?
We provide moves for houses and apartments of all sizes. Since 1905, we’ve been providing safe and reliable local moving services to everyone in and Saginaw, MI.
Whether you’re moving across state lines or across the country, you can count on us. Why? Because we’re an interstate agent for Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
This gives us access to a huge amount of resources from a network of over 400 agents to ensure your long-distance move remains hassle-free.
Downsizing? Upsizing? Or are you just moving down the hall? No matter your size office, we have the skills and training necessary to minimize downtime and disruptions so you can keep your office running smoothly.
Our climate-controlled warehouse storage is under 24/7 surveillance, so you can rest assured that your items will be well-protected and safe from extreme temperatures or furry rodents.
If you’re a wholesaler or distributor, we’ve got the perfect solution for you. Using our global transportation and logistics network lets us easily manage, automate, and export or import your commercial goods.
Move with Stevens
With as many things to do around Saginaw, MI, you don’t have time to move everything yourself! That’s why we’re here; to help you Move with Stevens.
Spend more time having fun with your family and less time with your things.
With a reliable and professional moving and storage company like us, your moving experience will be a breeze.