If your lease is expiring and you’re moving out of or into a new rental, Stevens Moving & Storage is the expert apartment movers you didn’t know you needed!
Since 1905, we’ve handled tons of apartment moving jobs and we understand that moving apartments is often a more challenging job compared with moving from a household. You must abide by the management’s move-out protocol and avoid disturbing your neighbors while navigating narrow hallways and tight corners — all while you carry everything you own up and down stairs.
We’re licensed and insured because we know how to properly pivot your furniture to fit down stairs with tight corners, protect your furniture and your apartment and have trucks of all shapes and sizes available for apartments with smaller entryways and/or parking lots.
Tri-City residents have trusted our apartment moves for over a century. Choose Stevens Moving & Storage for an easy, affordable and stress-free move by filling out our free quote form.
Comparing Apartment Movers
Don’t keep searching for “apartment movers near me.” Stevens professional apartment moving crew can help right now!
Here are a few tips you should take into consideration when choosing the best apartment movers:
- Are the apartment movers licensed and insured? Like Stevens Moving & Storage, your chosen apartment moving company should be licensed, insured and bonded to move your items across the street or across state lines.
- Are the moving crews familiar with moving apartments? Stevens Moving & Storage has handled tons of apartment moves. We can help navigate the narrow hallways, endless stairways and tight corners.
- What materials are used to protect the apartment? Our apartment moving crews will ensure your unit, the building and your items will be protected. We use site protection material that’s durable and guaranteed to protect your apartment from scrapes, nicks and dings.
- Are there smaller trucks available for smaller condos/complexes? Of course! Stevens Moving & Storage has trucks ranging from moving vans to cargo trucks, all designed to help you move no matter the size of your apartment. Just notify us during the initial quote consultation.
Apartment Moving Services
If you’re interested in letting Stevens Moving & Storage move your apartment, you might be wondering how our century’s worth of experience can be put to work helping you move. And that’s a great question!
- Storage for Apartments: If your rental unit doesn’t offer you additional storage, Stevens Moving & Storage can help with that.
- Packing & Unpacking: Need help packing the rest of your possessions? Need help packing all of them? Either way, the Stevens Moving & Storage crew can lend a few hands to get you packed quickly.
- Furniture Assembly and Disassembly: Not everyone wants to break down their furniture in addition to hauling it around. Stevens can help you disassemble and reassemble your furniture and equipment to reduce incidental damages and maximize space on our trucks.
- Loading & Unloading: Efficiently packing a truck is like playing a game of Tetris. All the pieces need to fit well enough to load and easily enough to unload quickly. Luckily for you, Stevens’ moving crew has done this many times and can ensure your items will be loaded safely for transport.
- Local Apartment Movers: If you’ve found a new apartment a few blocks down or across town, Stevens Moving & Storage wants to help you out. We know the Great Lakes Bay area very well, so we’re sure to help you cut down the time of moving by taking some shortcuts along the way.
- Long-Distance Apartment Movers: Starting a new adventure in a different state? Stevens can make sure your long-haul move feels like a local move. We’re licensed and insured to move your items cross country.
Apartment Movers Move-Out Checklist
Before you move out of your home, you should make sure a handful of key items are taken care of, such as:
- Get rid of unnecessary items: Toss, donate or sell items you don’t need. You’ll have less hassle on moving day.
- Notify your landlord: Ensure you communication with your landlord when you’re leaving.
- Clean your apartment: Once you’ve established a move-out date, thoroughly clean and inspect your apartment.
- Document the condition of your apartment: Generally, landlords will provide their tenants with a move-in and move-out checklist. Take note of any new damages and other conditions of your apartment.
- Take care of utilities and subscriptions: Forward or cancel any utility bills and/or subscriptions to your new residence.
- Pack your items or hire packing professionals: If packing isn’t your game, search for packing professionals like us to help you take care of the heavy lift.
- Inventory items to be moved, donated, recycled and/or thrown away: Create a list of items that will be moved and won’t be moved.
- If necessary, check extra storage space: If your rental unit came with extra space to store your belongings, don’t forget to inspect your storage, and guarantee all your possessions are packed.
Free Apartment Moving Quote
Whether you’re moving down the block, a few towns over or across state lines, Stevens Moving & Storage apartment movers are ready and willing to answer any questions you may have. Fill out our free quote form or give us a call today at (989) 755-1404.